Monday, January 30, 2012

What classes should I take in high school, if im pursing a career in Game Art & Design?

Im going to be a sophomore this school year, and I have no idea what classes to take.

The school asked me for my career pathway and I said "Animation", was that a mistake?

Also im terrible at math...

Lastly, can you give me a list of jobs I can get with a Game Art %26amp; Design bachelor鈥檚 degree.

ThanksWhat classes should I take in high school, if im pursing a career in Game Art %26amp; Design?
With a BA in Game Design, you'll have the skills need to work with video games and interactive communications. With this discipline, you can find work in the areas of industry, education and entertainment. A BA in Game Design allows you to enter the game design industry as an Interface Designer, Graphic Artist, Video Game Artist or Character Builder.



Entry-level positions that graduates could pursue include:



Conceptual artist

Texture artist

3D modeler

World builder

Artist/animator

Concept/storyboard artist

2D artist



Starting salaries range from $35,000 for work in the non-profit or educational fields, to $75,000 in the entertainment or corporate fields.



High school courses that will help you later include: Any art type class (art history, drawing), literature classes, creative writing or any class that emphasizes writing, public speaking, any film class, and for God's sake brush up on your basic math skills. You can't afford to be fumbling around with multiplication and division.

No comments:

Post a Comment