Thursday, January 26, 2012

What's the difference between Game Art & Design and Web Design & Interactive Media?

I was looking at the Art Institutes website. I want to become a computer animator, and I do want to work in the video game field, but not just there! I also want to work in the movie and video making part too. Maybe in something else as well; I want to keep my options open while only getting a bachelor's degree in one thing. Which one is best suited to my career interest?What's the difference between Game Art %26amp; Design and Web Design %26amp; Interactive Media?
EDIT:Be sure to read this:
http://www.artinstitutes.edu/denver/medi鈥?/a>

I don't know if you're in Denver or not, but it should still apply as to what it covers.

I'm sure you already know what game art and design is, But web design and interactive media would be completely unrelated.


Web design would be creating websites, and interactive media would be using technologiessuch as Adobe Flash and HTML5 in your websites.


I would make sure though that their game art and design covers animation. As it could just be concept art, or even modelling, rather than rigging and animationWhat's the difference between Game Art %26amp; Design and Web Design %26amp; Interactive Media?
It sounds like Interactive media would be what you're looking for. Web design is for webpages, Game art is self explanatory, and Interactive media seems like a broader term.



You're best off calling the school in question and having them explain it to you. Also, look at job postings for the type of job you're looking for, and see which degrees they require (if any).



Good luck!What's the difference between Game Art %26amp; Design and Web Design %26amp; Interactive Media?
The difference is very visible to their names! When you say Game art, it only focuses on the website of games. But in general terms, then it should Web design.

No comments:

Post a Comment