Sunday, February 12, 2012

What are some good after school clubs for a kindergartner who likes art and crafts and who is intelligent.?

My son is very intelligent, kinda on the nerdy side. I want to put him into a club that meets once a week to do various arts and crafts or games. Just like a group to make friends and have fun. He is a little interested in karate, although I think that something more artsy would be better for him. I live on Long Island, NY. I have checked out the public library and their activities are not long term and/or what I am looking for. Do any places have these types of clubs or programs I am looking for??





Thanks!|||Often in Boy Scouts the kids do projects. He can be creative and make friends.





There are not often clubs of this sort for kindergarteners. You can check with a craft store. They often have classes after school hours. He could learn to do new things and you could take the class with him.





If you go to church you can check with your church about creating a program if they do not have one. As summer is nearing they will also have vacation Bible schools where they often do this type of thing.|||I am not sure if you are religous or not, but our church has a group called Rainbows that meets once a week that do crafts and games and learn about God. My children are 3,4,and 6, and all love it. Then my daughter, who is kindergarten, is in 4-H. I would think that they would have an area around you that does this also. Those meetings are once a month. You should also look into your local YMCA. Ours has programs like that for youngsters.

No comments:

Post a Comment