Saturday, February 18, 2012

What A-Levels would be most suitable for a video games designer?

Currently I am doing Art, ICT, business studies, french, english, maths, physics, chemistry and biology. I would LOVE to become a video games designer or something in the industry.





I am picking my subjects for A-Levels and im confused as to what to do. I am struggling at Art but I feel I can really knuckle down. I am also planning to do business studies and ICT for A-Level.





Could anyone else possibly recommend what I should do ?|||Maths and English followed by Science and ICT. MAke sure you get your GCSE at grade C or above in Maths and English as well. These will be entry requirements into University.|||designing would involve a lot of coding and programming...this is not ICT..although it wouldnt really matter until you continued onto university..but if you wanted a headstart in some programming maybe "Computing", "Programming and Network Concepts" you could even get a headstart by learning some coding languages yourself. in your own time. C#, C++ and Java are good ones to learn for a beginner and theres plenty of tutorials and guides on the net to help you.|||A-levels will not affect your job prospects as much as your university/college degree. If you can do more specific technical qualifications at a local college instead of A-levels then that may be a better option for you, depending on how certain you are of your prospective career.

No comments:

Post a Comment