Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Do you think video games are an overlooked artistic medium?

I think Bioshock is proof enough, video games can be a very mature artistic expression. What other medium is as limitless?

Not only are there few video games I'd consider true art, but people give little credit to the ones that indubitably are!

Or do you honestly not care and just like to kill things?|||For me, almost everything that born from creativity considered art. As for video game, one with very interesting graphic design and unique soundtracks to complete the game environment can attract people to look or/and listen, although they themselves do not play games at all.

As for appreciation and credits, video games awards are the best way to do it, although there is no award for artistic appreciation.|||I think people who are into music and dancing and see them as art forms should be open to video games. Video games are still seen as children's games by a lot of older people. But the medium is quite cool. But as for the games to consider art, I believe it depends on the type of game one likes. If you like combat, the combat must be made into an art form (and that is possible. God of War and Batman's recent games are great examples of it). Like-wise, aspects like stealth, puzzle-solving and platforming also must be refined into art-forms to be memorable..|||Bioshock was based on Ayn Rand interestingly. Someone in a bookstore told me that, I never bothered to check if he was correct.

Anyway. No - I don't think that they're overlooked at all. They're big business, many people make a lot of money from creating and designing games and systems.

I overlook them now. Ennui - There is no point to playing the games. In a game where one is forced to play and that ''win condition'' is decided externally then the only logical response is apathy and indifference. Nietzsche said that in "The Birth Of Tragedy", it was more about the meaninglessness of the world. Nullification in general, existential angst and perhaps despair.

If I am the only one who decides what's good and what isn't then the whole thing is arbitrary. If it's the reverse and all notions of good and bad are decided externally then I'm a zombie - I have no freedom. There is a point one reaches, in art and in philosophy where one can say, at a whim, 'this is beautiful.', or 'this is meaningless', or 'this is...'

music. I love music.

I remember 'Lilianna's Song' from Dragon Age Origins. I just had to close my eyes, the animation and graphics were terrific but I think I wept. It was too much. ;)

gl and hf|||I actually believe that video games are helping the young generations with their psychological development in a world where there is a need for that, also in the meantime honing the awareness of kids to a keener sharper subconsciousness.so they can handle the evolution and resultant expansion in both mind and space.



For any one born after 2001, its a bit harder to assimilate the necessary data, But now you all know so we can work on it LOL



Wait I think I really mean that...
  • traffic school
  • flight simulator games
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment